6%

Total votes: 576
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Relationship Poll

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 am

I know i've crashed this thread a few times but a lot has changed since last time so here my last update and thoughts.

I will be single untill i'm dead, I've tried polyamorous/ open relationships seven times.. All seven times well bad things happened.
{People got jealous, It was a major risk to my health and safety and i could have gotten bad stuff.. It was just a generaly bad thing for me.}

Not many people in the fandom were willing to have a Monogamous one with me, But the few who i did ended up with cheated on me.
So now i can't trust anyone nor do i want to risk my health, so i shall be single and happy untill the very end. ^____^

Also this is my last update on this thread so don't worrie about me spamming it. xD
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Raven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Arctic Fox/Tufted Deer

Relationship Poll

Postby Raven » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 am

Single and er.... looking, I guess... someday I want a guy and someday I don't. Argh. Can't make my mind up D:< But it'll definitely be monogamous, I'm not into the whole polygamous thing, it's just weird sharing a partner ^^;

At the moment I'm a little put off because there's a lot of boozers and jerks around here. Had a few boys who assumed "we're going out" but yah loooooong story .... I dunno :wfrown:[/quote]

I read this with the 'eventually' sense of 'someday' in mind, and it took quite a while before I stopped coming up with weird theories and realized you probably meant 'some days'.

But really, you did mean it that way, right? Because if not, I have no idea how that works.[/quote]

Agreed, that ish kinda confusing... But since he took the time out to write the "someday I don't", I am going to guess it is the short term back and forth feeling. It might be a 'I want a mate, but I may not want one for the reasons I should' scenario or 'I want a mate... but I am unsure if that will affect my life badly and im wary about it'

I guess the best thing to do in this case is to write down a pro/con composition sheet... listing the reasons you want a mate and the reasons you dont, then cross out the irrational ones... like the potential ur mate could be an axe murderer and see if the reasons you want one are concrete. Also, you could try making some good friends and seeing if you develop anything for them... cause the advantage of that is that friendships tend to weed out undesirable traits... they are also mostly formed on the quintessential tool for any successful relationship, communication... If someone Popcorn and Pretzels u off as ur friend, I can promise they will as ur mate.

Back on ze topic of monogamous compared to polygamous, I used to be a Bible puncher about it because I used to obsess about following ze 7 virtues because I was an elitist ass as a child... but now I don't really care, I do think it's harder and a complex relationship to even make functional. I mean if you intend to have a 3-way relationship without the 3rd party forming an external relationship outside the 3 people, then you need to evenly distribute the affection and care inside it... but there is a strong chance that 1 of those three people will end up with the short end of the stick... not to mention that affection and attraction can be broken down into physical, mental and emotional factors, so it's rare to find two people who look at you the same in each category.

Best way to imagine it is pretend there are 3 big water tanks and you connected pumps that had random levels of pressure between each of them all... in the end, some will dry out and some will start overflowing... Most humans also have limited attention spans and show a high inability to split their focus between two stimulai.

4 people can be ok but then you will have difficulty finding 4 people who all feel the same about eachother or at least partially if the relationship is not partially external, you would also be hard-pressed to find that many people who like eachother and who are ok with the idea... and it goes on and on.

The system is confusing as hell and you can't patternize it unless you know the specific situation a purrson is in, it also gets really ugly if you start putting in jealousy between the individuals involved. Anyway, if you bypass all the difficult stuff, it can form a strong bond which has strong concilatory benefits if the partners involved are attentive enough to maintain it and work together.

Gog that was longwinded, though I will say that the psychology behind it is really interesting to read about.
PhantomSabre
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fennec x Red Fox

Relationship Poll

Postby PhantomSabre » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Single and er.... looking, I guess... someday I want a guy and someday I don't. Argh. Can't make my mind up D:< But it'll definitely be monogamous, I'm not into the whole polygamous thing, it's just weird sharing a partner ^^;

At the moment I'm a little put off because there's a lot of boozers and jerks around here. Had a few boys who assumed "we're going out" but yah loooooong story .... I dunno :wfrown:[/quote]

I read this with the 'eventually' sense of 'someday' in mind, and it took quite a while before I stopped coming up with weird theories and realized you probably meant 'some days'.

But really, you did mean it that way, right? Because if not, I have no idea how that works.[/quote]

ah yeah, sorry for the confusion ^^; I mean some days XD
WhiteFell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Relationship Poll

Postby WhiteFell » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh. Yes, that makes more sense then. Quite often I find that I reach some social-interaction-limit and just want to be alone/ignored for a while. That tends to confuse people, thinking they've done something wrong or I'm just in a bad mood or something.
Toska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Warthog

Relationship Poll

Postby Toska » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 am

I was single for a long time and wasn't really looking for a relationship because I have basically given up (dramatic I know) but a relationship just kinda found me, developing from a close friendship and now I am happier than I have ever been.
I am definitely a monogamous person, I fully devote myself to the person I am with and tend to get jealouse easily and just couldn't be in a polyamorous relationship but I know peole that are and I understnad the dynamics of it, it's just not for me.

Oh. Yes, that makes more sense then. Quite often I find that I reach some social-interaction-limit and just want to be alone/ignored for a while. That tends to confuse people, thinking they've done something wrong or I'm just in a bad mood or something.[/quote]

I do the same thing, sometimes I just can't stnad to be around peole, I am just very lucky that Rogue understands that and doesn't take it persoanlly if I need some space every now and then.
yamato_kitsune
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Kitsune

Relationship Poll

Postby yamato_kitsune » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 am

I do have to say I'm happy being single, but there is that part of me that just wants a relationship. Well, since I'm now in Australia, I have more fish to catch so to speak.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian

Relationship Poll

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sun May 05, 2013 3:50 am

Bleh, Lifes to short for labels.

But currently I'm an owned pet who is free to roam and serve others for the very little time he has left.
Butch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Relationship Poll

Postby Butch » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 am

single and hunting
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian

Relationship Poll

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm

single and hunting [/quote]

Feel free not to answer but, are you just looking for someone with in the fandom only?
Or are you open to anyone that comes along?

I'm only asking because some furs only like dating other furs. {I find it strange.} x'3
Butch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Relationship Poll

Postby Butch » Sun May 05, 2013 6:56 pm

in fandom prefered, but im open to any one.