How did you find out about the furry fandom?

For all things furry!
MarConn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby MarConn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Its hard to say really, I think it arose from my love of Bowser, and I had heard about all that fur stuff before and... One thing lead to another XP
Shadow
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Grey Wolf/Siberian Husky

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 pm

I found out about the Fandom from my friend. One day, he started drawing a lot of humanoid animals (anthropomorphic), and I was always wondering what it was about, then he started showing me peoples' artworks on his phone, and they were all anthropomorphic. I started wondering what it was, because he was always drawing them and looking at pictures, then I asked him one day (via MSN) and he basically told me, "they're Furries" at the time I had no idea what he was on about, He gave me some links describing what a Furry was. He asked me if I had any interest in joining the fandom a few times, in person and on the internet, I thought the idea was stupid really, so I said no each time. Then after a few weeks, I sort of became intrigued with the looks of the Furries. I started thinking it was cool.

One day I walked up to him and told him, "you know what.. When is the next "Fur meet"?" and he told me about MiDFur, so I told him I would come with him when it is time. And from there on, I became a Fur. :P

That was August 2nd, 2010 when I became a Fur if I am not mistaken :)

So that is my little story :D

~ Shadow :whowl:
Hendorne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby Hendorne » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Please no dissing me, I was first on a therian website, and then one of my friends on the website mentioned furries and showed me FurAffinity, been into furries ever since.
Skylar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Basset Hound

Postby Skylar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm

It started with online artwork of catgirls then I stumbled upon catgirls who were more cat than girls and fell into the fandom.
Crash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Feral Western Dragon

Postby Crash » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 am

It started with an infatuation with Spyro in my very early teens. I dug around the internet for pictures which fell into other dragons and found Narse and Artonis and dug around for more from those two and stumbled into the fandom a year or two later.
Anoni
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Postby Anoni » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 pm

I actually found out about it from 4chan and other websites like that, I used to be on the side against furries. Well look at me now! XD
Toska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Warthog

Postby Toska » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 pm

I wanted to make a zombie werewolf costime for the 2009 Brisbane Zombie walk to go with our Little Red Ridinghood theme. I searched online for werewolf costume tutorials and found a vid on youtube titled something along the lines of 'My Wolf Fursuit'. I watched that and then searched for more fursuit vids and decided I wanted one. From there I found Furstralia, Furaffinity, and the fursuit page on Live Journal and started reading up on this furry thing. Next I designed my character Toska (who has remained unchanged since then). The I made an account here on furstralia being very adiment that I just wanted to learn to make fursuits, I did not want to be one of those weird furry people. Not long after that I caved and made my FA account and that next July I went to RivFur in my very first fursuit.

And here I am still, nearly 3 years after stumbeling across that video on youtube and definitely one of those weird furry people
Healovertime
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Golden Retriever

Postby Healovertime » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 am

Some of my high school friends were on 4chan and propagated a lot of early memes and internet concepts, it took another year or two for me to realise I was a furry with the help of DeviantArt.
Nikki_ole
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Title (Tiger + Turtle)

Postby Nikki_ole » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 pm

I started dating a guy in college, pretty much moved in with him. We had 2 house mates as well and the three of them always had all these inside jokes and I always felt a little out of the loop about something. I figured he would eventually tell me if it was important. One night after a lot of drinking, he ended up telling me he was a furry and very nervously explained it all, my reaction was "thats it?". With his tone I expected something worse. Also found out my 2 house mates were furries too. Ended up going to some events and we held events. After about 2 to 3 years of attending events and having lots of furry friends I caved and admitted I was one too.
Ashlyn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Ashlyn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 am