Traditional art vs Digital art (What do you prefer?)

Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

FoxTailedCritter, Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm

To all artists out there what method of drawing do you prefer?
Do you like drawing Traditional art or Digital art? (Maybe a little mix of both?) Please tell me as i would like to know.

As for me, I'm terrible at digital art, just awful..
I tried drawing with a tablet and lets say it didn't work out to well at all. x'3

But i do loooourv, love my markers and pencils!! So i like Traditional over digital.
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Newcomer

Anibus, Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 am

i always loved traditional more but trying to get into digital but using a mouse is hard wish i had money to get one of those pads to draw with :'( but i always loved to do traditional :3

Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Sebastian, Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:53 am

I'm enthralled by the sharpness IE clarity of digital art.

Nit that I'm any good at either kind at the moment. Will be working on it for a while yet.

Newcomer
Species: Dragon

CuriousDragon, Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I've always preferred using a pencil. I have better control with creating different tones than with a tablet and program.

King of the Foxes
Species: angel fox dragon hybrid

snappyfox, Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I prefer traditional but i do occasionally practice my digital drawing

Furstralian
Species: Goat

Wererstritchy, Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 pm

I prefer traditional because of how easy you can make things work, you can increase or decrease things with more subtlety than that of a computer, however, the precision that the computer provides for finished artwork is amazing. There is a trade-off somewhere between the two, but you need years more practice. Thankfully, because people love to do traditional work heaps, lots of research has gone into making a tablet that works much like you'd use a normal pad and pencil.

Return to “The Gallery”